President & CEO
R. Jeffrey Hedges, CDME, is President & CEO of R. J. Hedges & Associates of New Florence, PA. After serving in the United States Air Force for 27 years, Jeff transitioned into the private sector, developing software to help independent pharmacies understand and become compliant with HIPAA. Later, Jeff founded R. J. Hedges & Associates to support healthcare providers with compliance services and software solutions. Today his company offers comprehensive customized healthcare compliance, Business & Pharmacy Valuations, Brokerage and Representation during sales and Business Management consulting for independent pharmacies, home health care facilities, medical supply companies, physicians and other small practices throughout the United States.
Enthusiastic and driven to provide the best solutions for independent pharmacies, healthcare providers & suppliers and entrepreneurs. Has built a strong relationship over the past 15+ years with hundreds of clients demonstrating knowledge within the industry.
Experience bullet list:
- Board-certified Durable Medical Equipment Specialist (CDME)
- Member of the National Council of Prescription Drug Plans (NCPDP)
- Member of the National Supplier Clearinghouse (NSC) Advisory Council
- 2010-2017 Board of Directors for the Board of Certification/Accreditation (BOC) serving as Vice Chair, Secretary and Member-At Large.
- Co-author of the National Community Pharmacists Association's "HIPAA Security Handbook"
- Co-author of "CBD, Expert Advice for Getting Started"
- Author of numerous articles on HIPAA Compliance, Medicare Accreditation and other federal compliance topics.
- 2015 Top 175 Innovators in Orthotics and Prosthetics by O&P News
- 2014 and 2016, Western Pennsylvania’s Torch Award Winner for Marketplace Ethics Runner-Up for the Better Business Bureau
- 2017 Western Pennsylvania’s Torch Award Winner for Marketplace Ethics for the Better Business Bureau
Previous Job experience:
United States Air Force
As a small business owner, you get the joy of doing a little bit of everything
Certifications and designations, or special awards:
- Accredited Business Intermediary
- Certified DME Specialist
- Western PA BBB Torch Award Winner for Ethics
Associates Degree- Logistics from the Community College of the Air Force
- Compliance Portal®
- Pharmacy Compliance Guide®
- Pharmacy Compounding Compliance Program®
- Pharmacy Immunization Compliance Program®
- The HIPAA Guy®
- Your Compliance Experts for Today and Tomorrow®
- Podcast- Types of Audits (DiversifyRx Pharmacy Compliance Series)
- Podcast- Controlled Drugs Discussion- DEA (DiversifyRx Pharmacy Compliance Series)
- Podcast- Navigating Hazardous Drug Compliance in Pharmacy (DiversifyRx Pharmacy Compliance Series)
- Podcast- Navigating DEA Regulations: A guide to Registrars, Coordinators, and Power of Attorneys
- Podcast- Why a 401k is good for Business (The Sharkpreneur Podcast)
- Podcast- Healthcare Ransomware: HIPAA Breaches. Part 2 of 2 part series.
- Podcast- Healthcare Ransomware: Steps that need to be taken now. Part 1 of 2 part series.
- BLOG- Time for Covered Entities, Business Associates to take Right of Access Seriously
- BLOG- The Blight of PBMs Credentialing on Independent Pharmacies
- BLOG- 6 Tips for Passing a Pharmacy Inspection
- BLOG- 7 Answers to Your Questions about Binax NOW COVID-19 Rapid Test Ag Card
- Podcast- Preparing the Hazardous Drugs Assessment of Risk
- Podcast- How will USP <800> Impact My Retail and LTC Pharmacy?
- BLOG- Communication & Control: the Two C's That Will Save Your Pharmacy
- BLOG- Could you have a HIPAA breach and not know?
- BLOG- 5 Key Points your Pharmacy needs to Comply with FWA
- BLOG- HIPAA Business Associate Agreements in your Pharmacy
- Book- HIPAA Security Handbook, Publisher NCPA 2005
- Book- CBD: Expert Advice for Getting Started, Published 2022